Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Vacant Lot, 36 x 48, oil on canvas

I did the little 9 x 12 inch study, top, as a demo for my class at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. It worked well enough for me to enlarge the image to a 36 x 48 canvas. The idea for the painting is how some of the neighborhood row houses get demolished and leave a vacant lot. The empty space reminds me of a missing tooth. The houses were built as joined units and you can see there are no windows on the side. The painting isn't finished yet but it shows how the study can be used as a source for a larger, more finished painting.

2 comments:

  1. Ron, your paintings are beautiful and vibrant. I love the style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron I really enjoy your paintings, they bring Pittsburgh to me down here in South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete